YES, YES & YES! When it comes to making healthy smoothies, juices, dips, spreads, sauces, hot soups, frozen desserts, nut butter, non-dairy milk, batters, flours, doughs, and even homemade baby food, the Vitamix blender has you covered.
I purchased my Vitamix blender back in 2010. This was because my cheap store-bought blender annoyed me. It left my smoothies with big hard chunks of frozen fruit and big pieces of ice in my shakes. I only used my old blender once in a while, and stored it back on the bottom shelf of my kitchen cabinet between uses. Conversely, my Vitamix sits right on the counter because I use it practically every day. It blends all the ingredients so quickly and smoothly that I make shakes, soups, hummus, and banana ice cream several times a week.
Vitamix Versus The Ninja Blender
Vitamix Smoothie Recipes for the Whole Family
Since I have young kids that are very picky eaters, this is an additional way to sneak in an extra portion of veggies into their smoothies without them even knowing. My favorite vegetable to add is frozen cauliflower. I know it sounds a little gross, but it is actually very bland and takes on the flavors of other fruits and ingredients in the mix and adds a delicious creaminess to smoothies.
The Vitamix has a variety of blenders to choose from to suit your needs and varies in price point. Things to consider when deciding on which blender will meet your needs: price, features, and counter space. Vitamix builds these high-powered, commercial-grade blenders to last. Some models offer pre-set dial controls to help take the guesswork out of blending such as a commonly used setting like Smoothie or Hot Soups. They all have a Variable Speed Control Dial, much like a food mixer, that starts off low and increases to high, making it very easy to adjust the speed.
Athletic Greens Review: The Superfood Supplement You Need
By Soji James, CPT, CSCS
It also features a Pulse option to assist with food prep if you want a chunky style salsa or something with a bit more texture. The power of this blender is like no other. It’s the top choice for professional chefs and is used at many restaurants and smoothie shops. The strong horsepower of this machine makes your food so smooth and perfectly blended to your liking, that I believe it is well worth the investment. You will never need to buy a replacement blender as this will last for many, many years.
Who It’s Good For: Everyone from the professional chef to the home cook
Why I Love It:
- It saves time preparing healthy breakfast smoothies for the family on busy mornings
- I can easily sneak in an extra serving of veggies in smoothies and shakes
- Self-cleaning: With a drop of dish soap and warm water, the Vitamix can clean itself in just 30 to 60 seconds
- The food is consistently smooth and creamy, without any chunks
- You can control the desired texture of the recipe
- The design some models to fit right under your standard kitchen counter height and feature a shorter 64 oz container
- It produces the creamiest homemade nut butter in seconds
- Comes with helpful accessories to assist with blending thicker ingredients
- The manufacturer offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a Vitamix warranty
Why I Don’t Love It:
- It’s an expensive investment for a kitchen appliance
- The motor is very strong and super loud
- Some varieties are too tall to fit under a standard kitchen counter, so be sure to consider the height and where you will be storing it before purchasing
- Replacement parts can be expensive
Sizes/Product Line: The product offers many different styles and features in a variety of price points
How Much is Too Much Avocado? The Answer Will Surprise You!
By Ana Snyder, M.S., Exercise Physiology; CPT, FNS
* This post may contain affiliate links to the products and services that we talk about.